What is Lund Doctoral Student Union (LDK)?
LDK consists of doctoral students from the following six faculty doctoral student councils:
- The Economics and Management Doctoral Student Council (EDR)
- The Humanistic and Theological Doctoral Student Council (HTDR)
- The Law Doctoral Student Council (JDR)
- The Medicine Doctoral Student Council (MDR)
- The Science Doctoral Student Council (NDR)
- The Social Science Doctoral Student Council (SDR)
Through the councils the doctoral students are organized at their respective faculty and meet regularly at council meetings where issues are discussed and decided upon. The councils elect doctoral student representatives for every committee and board at both department level and at the faculty.
The type of social activities offered differs between faculties but may include BBQs, welcome parties for new doctoral students, career lunches and various festivities, for example.
What does Lund Doctoral Student Union (LDK) do?
- We monitor all issues of interest for doctoral students
- We work to improve research education and towards a high standard of supervision.
- We work for more resources to be allocated to research education
- We represent doctoral students in every committee and board at the university and work with the issues that elected representatives and members raise
- We work to improve the study-social environment for doctoral students
- We work actively with internationalisation
- We work with both issues of concern for all doctoral students and issues that are faculty specific
- We help you if you find yourself in trouble with your department, your supervisor or the university in general
Why become a member?
- We work to improve the working situation for Ph.D. students at Lund University
- We monitor the development within research education
- We actively participate in the discussion of and improvement of research education at Lund University
- Included in your membership is Studenkortet (the student card) that renders you access to various discounts, such as train and bus tickets (SJ, Skånetrafiken, SL) and many other discounts
- By supporting Lund Doctoral Student Union you get the opportunity to influence your (and others’) time as a doctoral student
- You can be elected as a Ph.D. student representative for any of our many positions in boards and committees on institutional, faculty and university level, where you learn much about the university and get valuable experience and new connections Membership cost: 140:- / termIf you want access to the student nations and AF-bostäder (housing enterprise) that offers accommodation for students you can become a member of Studentlund for an additional fee per term that varies (depending on which student nation you choose).
To become a member
Go to www.ldk.lu.se/membership and fill in your details or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org